Microsoft Flight Simulator FS2004
A Century of Flight :
On a cold December day in 1903, after weeks of
testing on the windy dunes at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, the Wright Flyer sputtered to life. At 10:35 A.M., the Flyer, propellers whirring, began to slide
down its narrow track. Then it lifted from the track and rose above the sands of Kitty Hawk. The fl ight lasted only 12 seconds and covered a mere 120 feet.
But there was no doubt—on that windy December 17, the Wright brothers had realized a human dream. They had flown!
Just 30 years later, the Douglas DC–3 was making regular airline service comfortable and profitable. Three and a half decades after that, on February
9, 1969, the first Boeing 747 thundered into the skies over Everett, Washington.
The 'A Century of Flight' planes :
- 1903 - Wright Flyer : On December 17, 1903, the Wright Flyer became the first aircraft to achieve controlled powered flight.
- Curtiss JN–4D “Jenny” : The Curtiss Jenny carried the first United States airmail and proved a favorite airplane for barnstormers.
- Vickers F.B.27A "Vimy" : The Vimy astounded the world with record-breaking flights, including the first nonstop Atlantic crossing.
- Ryan NYP "Spirit of St. Louis" : Flying nonstop between New York and Paris, Charles Lindbergh and the Spirit of St. Louis made history.
- Ford 4-AT Tri-Motor : Nicknamed the “Tin Goose,” the Ford Tri-Motor pioneered early airline and air transport routes.
- Model 5B 5C "Vega" : In the hands of pilots such as Amelia Earhart and Wiley Post, the Vega set many records during the 1930s.
- de Haviland DH-88 "Comet" : The DH–88 Comet won the 11,000-mile MacRobertson race from England to Australia in 1934.
- Douglas DC–3 : The DC–3 revolutionized air transportation and airline service during the 1930s and 1940s.
- Piper J–3 Cub : The simple, inexpensive Piper Cub lifted a generation of pilots into the skies for the first time.
- Robinson R22 Beta II : The two-seat Robinson R22 is among the most popular, least expensive helicopters in the world.
- Schweizer SGS 2–32 : The all-metal SGS 2–32 aerobatic sailplane has held many of the world’s soaring records.
- Extra 300S : A lightweight aerobatic champion, the 300S features a 300-horsepower engine and exquisite control.
- Cessna Skyhawk SP Model 172 : The latest model of the popular single-engine C172, the Skyhawk SP makes a stable and trusty trainer.
- Cessna Skylane Model 182S : More powerful than the Skyhawk SP, the Skylane provides a good first step into a complex aircraft.
- Cessna Grand Caravan C208B : Known as a tough, dependable airplane, the Grand Caravan flies in and out of most any airport.
- Cessna Caravan C208 Amphibian : Equipped with both landing gear and floats, the Caravan Amphibian can fly to most any destination.
- Mooney M20M “Bravo” : The Mooney Bravo is among the fastest single-engine piston aircraft currently produced.
- Beechcraft Baron 58 : The Baron 58 combines sleek Beechcraft design with the performance of twin engines.
- Beechcraft King Air 350 : A workhorse, the King Air 350 is the latest model in the world’s most successful line of turboprop aircraft.
- Bell 206B JetRanger III : A winning formula for safety and value makes JetRanger the world’s most popular helicopter series.
- Bombardier Learjet 45 : The Learjet 45 holds the honor of being one of aviation’s most popular business jets.
- Boeing 737–400 : Flown by many airlines, the Boeing 737–400 sees service worldwide.
- Boeing 747–400 : The 747–400’s size, range, speed, and capacity rank this plane atop its class of large passenger jets.
- Boeing 777–300 : A long-range, fuel-efficient twinjet, the ‘Triple Seven’ marks the latest development in the Boeing family line.
Free programs for FS2004 :
You can download several beautifull FS2004 extensions :
- FS2004 Update : Download here the fs2004 update.
Learn to install AI traffic : Take a look at my AI traffic installation tutorial at the bottom of this page.
- ProjectAI : This software implements realistic AI traffic in FS2004. You can download packages of many airlines and a handy installer is forseen.
In these packages you can find the necessary airplane textures, flightplans and airports. The disadvantage of ProjectAI is the inferior quality of the airplanes.
On the first screenshot you can see, beside my 'own' Fokker 100 'Jetairfly', a A320 of Thomas Cook Belgium and a few DHL B757's.
The second picture is a BMI Airbus A320 and a Continental B767.
ProjectAI op het web
- AI Aarvark : The Aardvark AI models are very detailled and beautifull. The disadvantage is that it's difficult to create a complete airline fleet because not all
the planes or repaints are available. You have to create your own flightplans. Some flightplans of popular companies are available on AVSim.
On the screenshots you can see a cargo TU-204C of 'Aviastar' and a 'Futura' B737-400.
AI Aardvark op het web
- World of AI : Complete AI packages with AI Aardvark and Evolve AI models, so perfect quality. There are not as many packages available as at project AI but these are of a better quality.
A real must ! This is an impression of AI traffic with a Aardvark boeing 737 (Virgin Express) and an Evolve A319 (Lufthansa).
World of AI op het web
- Russian AI Traffic System - RATS : Russian AI traffic with AI Aardvark, CIS, SimLandmarks and SKJ models. Good quality AI but the installation is difficult. You need the MRAI installer.
Below are a couple of printscreens of AI movement with a SKJ AN12, a SKJ TU134, a Simlandmarks TU154M and an Aardvark TU204.
Russian AI Traffic System - RATS
- TTools : This program can be used to import the AI traffi into FS2004. You need this program when you don't use ProjectAI.
More info on how to import/export AI traffic with TTools is available in the helpfile.
This is the TTools download link (www.simaviation.com)
- AfCad : AfCad is used to modify the airports. Have you ever seen that a plane was taxiing through a building or that the wheels sunk into the ground ?
This is due to bad settings in the airports afcad file. You can also change the parking codes of the planes. If you want to know more, see the helpfile.
You can also download updated afcad files.
AfCad 2.21 : www.simaviation.com
Afcad bestanden : ProjectAI AfCad
- AirEd : Modify the .air files of a plane. Why is a AI plane visible in the FS2004 selection menu and the other one not ?
This problem can be solved with AirEd. Open the .air file of the 'visible' plane and change the 'Aircraft Type' value from '0' to '2' and press enter.
Save this change and this plane won't be visible anymore in the menu.
Don't change the other settings, be carefull ! Read the helpfile.
AirEd 1.52 : www.simaviation.com
- Repaints and extra planes : There are many sites on the web where you can download free repaints for existing models or you can even download new planes.
Always read the installation file first. Here is a brief overview :
This is my repaint of OO-TUF, a Jetairfly Fokker 100.
You can download this file HERE.
Textures only, You need the Project Fokker package !
Payware soft for FS2004 :
For these you'll have to pay.
Click here to visit my homepage
Content - Microsoft FS2004 Flight Simulator (FS9) - Stego